Thursday, May 7, 2009

The 21st Century Shower #2


Okay, so perhaps we aren’t as old fashioned as I asserted in my last posting.

Yes, we are eschewing the thermostat that the lady at the store kept saying we simply MUST have. But, we are installing a pretty snazzy showerhead from Grohe called Freehander®. (Gloria and I have already started referring to it as the freeloader. We’re sometimes silly that way.) If I’ve been able to figure out the technology properly, you should be seeing an image of Freehander® directly to the right.

I have to say that I am very much looking forward to trying this. The two showerheads both pivot and rotate and arm can move up and down. As the promotional material on Grohe’s website exclaims: “Thanks to its ingenious design, GROHE Freehander® shower can simply be turned from an overhead shower to a side shower.” Sold!

Today the work on the bathrooms began. There is not a toilet and a sink sitting in front of the fireplace in our living room. A five-foot cast iron claw foot tub sits about ten feet away from my desk in my office. It’s awaiting its new home up here. The contractors tell us that the new shower might be done as early as next Tuesday and then they’ll move up here and start the demolition of this bathroom.

Fortunately we will never have to do this again.

Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. OK, how did you get the tub up those stairs? Are there railings yet?

    Mom's tip: I've had my "new" bathrooms for almost 4 years now. I started this with my very first shower: squeegee the tile and the glass doors after EVERY shower and then wipe them dry. No scum on tile and doors in 4 years! It's a 5 minute job, but oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two guys carried the tub up, and it's a good thing there are no railings yet, as I don't think they wouldn't have been able to get it up if there were railings.

    Thanks for the tip! (I can't help but wonder if the squeegee alone would do the trick... but, perhaps not.)

    ReplyDelete